When I thought of planning for my Partner Dan's Thirty Seventh Birthday I struggled to find a way to wow him. He is picky to say the least and hates surprises. I chose Serafina Italian Restaurant because of what I remembered about it from 10 years ago. Great wait staff, excellent service and fabulous food, amazing in fact.

True to his nature my partner googled every Italian Restaurant in the city in his anxiety about were I planned to take him on his special night. I sent out 10 evite invitations to
close personal friends of Dan's. They all gushed at the selection of Serafina for Dan's birthday party. Dan himself was thrilled, the look in his eyes said it all. In all of his google searches he had hoped that it was Serafina. It suited his desire for sophisticated dining. The excellent menu and wine list I expected, but the service from the wait staff also impressed me. Our dinner party table was situated in a well lit corner of the restaurant with sliding open windows. Serafina is Italian indeed and romantic and cozy.
My menu recommendation:
Appetizers:

Calamari Saltati
Squid flashed in the pan with garlic, lemon, Italian parsley, and chili flake; sprinkled with bread crumbs
11.95

Olive Arrostite Mixed olives flavored with fennel seed, garlic, rosemary, and chili, roasted to order


Filetto di Maiale con Saba
Lightly smoked Carlton Farm's pork tenderloin with grape saba and a spring vegetable ragout featuring baby onions, fava beans and asparagus; garnished with pine nut gremolata
19.95
Serafina is in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle, at the corner of Easlake Ave E and E Boston St.

2043 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle WA 98102























0 comments