Here it comes again, the Gay Pride 2009 celebrations. Last year my partner Dan and I high tailed it out of Seattle for San Francisco's Pride celebration. We were joined by a few friends and met many others while we were there. Needless to say San Francisco is more permissive city than Seattle, Gays and Nudes abound and the parade was mega large and long...no pun intended.

This year I feel drawn to enjoy Pride 2009 in Seattle, after all our bars are just as good, if not better. However we cannot match the living on the edge experience that is uniquely San Francisco. I must admit it would be interesting to say the least to be in San Fran, during the year of the great prop 8 debates about gay marriage. I noticed that my gay nephew's partner listed his marital status on Facebook as "Engage". They both in live in the San Francisco area and are knee deep in the gay marriage fight. I gotta tell you it the whole thing makes me wonder if Seattle just ahead of everyone else with our lack of any king of discussion of gay marriage or just in a deep sleep.

This year my partner Dan will be in San Diego visiting friends during the Pride weekend. That means I am on my own, so I guess I will need to break out the feathers and the beads and hit the Seattle Pride route with friends.

0 comments